Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 4 in SouthDakota/Mt Rushmore








Again, the internal clock wakes me up at 6:38 am. So our days begin early. Nice campground we stayed in last night and will be here for a total of 3 nights. Only 3 miles from the "4 Faces". As we drove down to Custer State Park and thru Needles HWY, we saw the stone faces many times. I got some great photos. We are waiting to see the laser light show tomorrow night when Carol and her husband Keith arrive. We hope to spend atleast a day with them. Yeah, some company. Still did not see any bison, but saw some elk and mule deer very close to the road. Also many burrows that come right up to you and your cars.

This campground has full hook up and no public showers, so for the first time we were force to use our own shower. It worked great. My new responsibility is to empty the crapper because the rubber gloves I brought are too small for Andy. Its like emptying a 10 gallon bed pan! But all that shower water will help flush the system all out. Also, we have the smallest camper. These 5th wheels and motor homes are HUGE! We look real punnie.

Andy got his hair cut at Walmart. I chickened out, but need a cut and color badly. Time for that hat to be put to good use.
Until tomorrow.....you know this is hard work keeping up with this blog, facebook and my journal. Also I am trying to organize my pictures so I can keep track of where I've taken them. I've only taken 558 photos so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment