Monday, March 8, 2010

Visiting with Marie


Spent the afternoon with a family friend, Marie Brandt. She has been friends with Andy's mom, Verna, for over 70 years! I can't imagine having a friend in my life for that long. What a wonderful thing! What is quiet interesting, these two ladies never went to school together but met through friends around the age of sixteen. They are way too similar: have the same mannerisms, talk and laugh the same, have no secrets, been through the good and bad in life together. I bet, not many of us can say that about someone in our life. How envious I am of their friendship.
Marie took us on a tour of Sun City West. What a great community. Clean, new, and so much to do. They have community pools, golf courses, rec centers. Very resort-like. Her area is a Del Webb community and we were both impressed with what we saw. I think we could live here. BUT would anyone come and visit us??

No comments:

Post a Comment